Remote operated. Reduced labour requirement. Reduced crane dependency and improved HSE conditions
For more than 15 years, OTT have provided the Norwegian offshore marked with an efficient safe and environmental friendly drill cutting transfer system from the shakers to cuttings containers
The CDP System
Based on a demand from onshore clients, OTT have now developed the second-generation CDP system for the onshore marked. Oil Operators have asked for a cutting handling system which remove hazard operation and reduce labor requirements in the back yard.
The fully automated CDP arm is design to for fill these requirements
Since the transfer of the cuttings from the shaker to the transportation containers will be in a close loop, it will also improve the environmental working condition around the rigs site. The CDP arm will be controlled by the PLC via sensors and radars. The PLC program will control the filling of the containers so it is evenly filled to make sure effective use of the containers.
To make sure the Operators have full control of generated cuttings and loss of drilling fluid during drilling operation, the CDP arm is fitted with weighing cells and level sensors, this allow for logging of volume and weight of the drill cutting before leaving the drilling site.
The CDP is operated from a safe distance. This reduces the risk of possible accidents.
One operator can manage to deposit large quantities of waste into a number of containers in one continuous operation.Personnel exposure to heavy system equipment is eliminated, improving the HSE standard.
The small footprint of the CDP system and its modular design makes it suitable to a wide range of rig designs and operational conditions.
- Complete CDP system has been operational on many rigs and platforms since 2002. In a 12 ¼” section, the average ROP has been 75 m/hr. Handled peaks of 120 m/hr
- Stena Don, Scarabeo V, TO Searcher, West Alpha and Sleipner A are just a few of the rigs to use the CDP.
- Weight: 3250 kg (7160 Ibs)
- Total length: 5800 mm (4500 mm radius)
- Width: 1500 mm
- Total height: 4450 mm
- Remote operated
- Reduced labour requirement
- Reduced crane dependency
- Filling of bins within radius of 4.5 meters
- 270° operational radius
- Reaching distance from 2.0 to 6.0 meters
- Reaching height from 0 to 4.0 meters
- Weight: 1620 kg (3568 Ibs)
- Length: 2212 mm
- Width: 1852 mm
- Height: 1616 mm
- Operated from deck – no climbing above 800 mm, ref. NORSOK Soo2-N
- Optimum use of capacity
- Safe stacking
- Lid, opening weight max 25 kg (55 Ibs), ref. NORSOK
- Sealed lids – no leaks in or out of the containers
- Drain valve in the bottom
- Reduced road transport cost